Last updated on July 7th, 2018
In November, 2017, Bonnie Herzog, a well-known analyst at Wells Fargo, wrote in a report citing Nielsen data, that Juul now controls 32.9 percent of the market.
Juul’s flat, lighweight devices, shaped like USB sticks, hit the market in mid-2015 and have become wildly popular with vapers looking for an easy to use, satisfying alternative to cigarettes.
Why is JUUL Such a Popular E-cigarette?
Vapers who use the JUUL as their smoking alternative report the following reasons why they prefer it to other vaping products:
- Ease of Use – The sleek design includes pop-in E-Liquid Pods. It’s very lightweight (portable, great for travel). Charging is fast and easy.
- 5% Nicotine – Nicotine content is one of the highest available at 5%. The device uses Nicotine Salts – a patented formula that is very different from the “free-base nicotine” formulas used by tobacco companies and most e-liquid companies. This formula also make the vape less harsh.
- Great Taste -Users like the vapor production which they say is full and rich tasting.
- Fair Price – The JUUL comes at an affordable price. A kit currently costs $49.99. Flavor pod replacements have auto-ship discounts.
- Ladies' Choice – This ecig is popular with women who prefer an elegant, sleek, no hassle design.
JUUL Labs Has a New CEO Who Plans to Take the company to the Next Level
In 2017 JUUL Labs spun away from PAX Labs (makers of loose leave vaporizers) to focus on the JUUL e-cigarette market.
The devices were becoming so popular, the company could not keep up with the demand for their e-liquid pods. They also knew consumers would expect a larger variety of ejuice flavors, and battery colors.
What is JUUL Labs Doing Now to Improve Their Product?
In December 2017 – JUUL started offering it’s customers Limited Edition flavor pods in Cool Cucumber and Classic Tobacco and Classic Menthol. Members of their Auto-Ship program were offered discounted ecig devices in a stylish Navy Blue color.
We’ve tested the new flavors and the Navy colored battery. Both are quite impressive. The new battery actually hold's its charge longer than the original battery.
Although some of the new products are not yet part of the company's regular line-up, we hope they will become available later in 2018.
In the meantime, the company is back on track, handling corporate issues skillfully. What's more, sales are rising and there have been no reports of delayed pod shipments on their other flavor pods.
If you are looking for what JUUL calls “a real alternative to cigarettes”, at under $50 (plus free shipping) for a starter kit, it's worth trying.