Last updated on February 5th, 2018
What Nicotine Level Will Satisfy Tobacco Cravings?
Electronic Cigarette cartridges and e-liquids come in various levels of nicotine. If you purchase an e-cigarette kit on-line, (the best way to go), you'll be able to choose from zero to as much as an XXTRA strength level of 50 MG or 5% nicotine.
I know that JUUL is one of the few companies that offer 5%, and may vapers claim it can take that much nicotine to make a successful transition from regular cigarettes.
Here Are Some Guidelines
Many newbie vapers expect the nicotine delivery in an electronic cigarette to be just like a tobacco cigarette, but that's not the case.
Studies show that when an e-cigarette is inhaled, less nicotine is delivered to the bloodstream than a regular cigarette would deliver. It's actually 54 percent lower!
You probably know tobacco cigarettes have many added chemicals. One of those chemicals has the job of boosting the delivery of nicotine into your bloodstream.
The fact is, a 20 mg/mL nicotine concentration e-liquid would be needed in order to deliver nicotine at amounts similar to the maximum allowable content of one tobacco cigarette* as in a strong, filterless cigarette.
So how do you choose the right nicotine level to give you the same nicotine effect without the harmful tobacco smoke?
Check Out This Chart
|Your Current Smoking Style||Suggested Ecig Nicotine Level
|2 ½ packs or more per day||Extra strength (5%)
|Between 2 and 2 ½ packs per day|| Full strength (2.4%)
|Between 1 and 2 packs per day||Full to Med. strength (2.4%) - (1.8%)
|Up to 1 pack per day||Med. to Light strength (1.8%) - (1.2%)
|Less than 1 pack per day||Light to Ultra Light strength (1.2%) or (0.6%)|
|1 pack or less per week||Ultra Light to Med. strength (0.6%) to Zero|
Many vapers will tell you that with a cigalike e-cigarettes or a beginner vaporizer the higher the nicotine level, the greater the “throat hit”. Depending on your own personal taste that may be preferable,…or those higher levels of nicotine may produce an unpleasant harshness. That can be true although I didn't experience that with JUUL vapor ecigs.
Expect some trial and error as you explore different cartridge flavors, e-liquids and e-cigarette models.
Here Are Some of the Best E-Cig Flavor Cartridges and E-Liquids
– You get e-cigarette cartridges and e-liquids that taste just as the flavor name indicates. V2, America's #1 e-cigarette company is known for their strict safety standards and 100% pure e-liquids.
– 100% pure, delicious tasting e-juice. Choose your nicotine strength as well as your flavor shots.
– From simple starter kits, to sophisticated vaporizers, Apollo offers a wide variety of vaping products including those from Kanger, Innokin, Aspire and more..all at great prices.
– All organic e-liquids with intense flavors. They even have an Absolute line that's Alcohol Free. Truly Propylene Glycol Free is also available from Virgin Vapor.
– E-Liquid purity and 51 flavors that you can mix and match yourself. New Artisan Collection is pre-steeped for best flavor and is 60% Vegetable Glycerine. Free Shipping too!
E-Cigarette News offers many reviews of different e-cigarettes, e-liquids and more. Feel free to explore and you’re sure to find the perfect smoking alternative to meet your needs.
Happy Vaping from E-Cigarette News!